Since Congress's passage of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, many clients and businesses are highly focused on the impact of taxes and tax rates on their bottom line. Make sure your clients are protecting themselves from higher taxes. Completely updated for tax law changes and Tax Court decisions, this course will bring you up-to-date on the latest strategies which will preserve your clients’ wealth and ensure your role as a trusted adviser to your clients! Get the latest techniques for building and conserving wealth through proactive tax-planning and investment strategies.
This course features a live instructor and has been specifically designed for the NJCPA.
CPAs looking for innovative tax planning techniques to help clients fight higher taxes.
- Recall how to increase client wealth by focusing on tax-saving opportunities not considered in the past.
- Apply tax-planning moves in light of new and recent tax developments.
- Recognize ways to protect your client from tax pitfalls.
- Recall anticipated possible tax legislation and determine how to position your clients for financial success.
- Impact of Supreme Court’s rejections of Defense of Marriage Act
- New 0.9% and 3.8% Medicare taxes
- Mutual fund tax strategies
- All about Roth IRAs — including strategies for self-employed individuals and estate planners
- The 100% gain exclusion for qualified small business stock
- Personal residence transactions—including short sales and foreclosures
- Reverse mortgages can save taxes on greatly appreciated residences
- Converting personal residences into rentals: tax implications
- Tax-saving ideas for self-employed clients — including ways to reduce SE and FICA taxes, strategies for husband-wife businesses, depreciation breaks and much more
- Tax angles for vacation homes, timeshares, and co-ownership arrangements
- Divorcing clients—tax angles are critically important
- State-of-the-art tax planning for college expenses
- Employer stock options: tax planning moves
Basic knowledge of individual income taxation.