The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 made significant changes to a taxpayer’s ability to deduct entertainment expenses, including meals. This program is a two-hour intensive webinar on the changes recently made to the deductibility of entertainment expenditures that practitioners will need to advise their clients.
Tax practitioners who anticipate advising clients with respect to client and employee provided entertainment expenses, professional dues and entertainment facilities.
- Understand the new changes to the tax rules relating to the deductibility of expenses relating to client and employee entertainment, food and beverages and qualified transportation expenses resulting from the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017
- New rules relating to the deductibility of activities considered entertainment, amusement, or recreation, membership dues/professional dues
- Deductibility of food and beverage expenses
- Qualified transportation expenses
- Deduction for facilities expenses
A basic understanding of the tax rules relating to individual income tax.