The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 contains provisions that when properly implemented allow the individual taxpayer to reduce his or her tax liability. This program focuses on certain tax strategies that allow the individual taxpayer to reduce his or her tax liability based on the new tax changes.
Tax practitioners who anticipate advising individual clients regarding tax planning opportunities that result from changes brought about by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017.
- Advise individual clients on implementing new tax planning strategies that result from the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017
- Election to use the interest tracing rules rather than be limited under the mortgage interest deduction limitation
- Transfer property to younger family members while the enlarged transfer tax exemption remains in place
- Rollover 529 plan balances into ABLE Programs
- Take advantage of 529 plans to fund pre-college education expenses on a tax advantaged basis
- Negotiate or renegotiate separation agreements and divorce decrees in light of the change in the tax rules governing the deductibility of alimony payments
A basic understanding of the tax rules relating to individual income tax.