* This course is #4 in the Microsoft Power BI series of webinars. Click button in Program Highlights section below to see suggested viewing order.* Most accountants use Excel to help them make decisions about their data. However, as the amount of data grows, it becomes difficult to make strategic decisions based on rows and rows and columns and columns of data. In this course, you will learn how to build robust dashboards for analyzing key metrics in Excel. We will begin with some dashboard design guidelines, such as understanding your audience and identifying necessary metrics. Then, we will work through creating key performance indicators (KPIs) for the dashboards. You will learn how you can add charts and eye-catching visuals, in order to make your dashboards easily understood. This course focuses on using standard Excel features to create visuals. Although we will introduce new tools like Power BI Desktop, this course is NOT about using Power BI to create visuals. This session is presented using Excel 2019. Regardless of the version you are using, most concepts covered in this course apply to all versions of Excel. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
Anyone who wants to use Excel to make strategic decisions.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Use dashboards to make strategic decisions
- Create KPI dashboards that graphically represent your data
- Use Excel tools to easily create meaningful KPI dashboards
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
This course is #4 in the Microsoft Power BI series of webinars. Click button below to see suggested viewing order.
Power BI Series
- Dashboard design guidelines
- Using Excel features to create visuals
- Using visuals to create dashboards
- Introduce new Power BI tools that enhance visual and dashboard creation
Attended the PivotTable course or equivalent.