This session features the latest behavioral science, demonstrations of experiments, and compelling real-life stories to disrupt everything you thought you knew about fraud. It will spur you to challenge “sacred cows” of the industry and help you develop b
CPAs, audit, governance, investigative and compliance professionals wanting to learn more effective ways to deter, detect and investigate fraud and gain a deeper understanding of behavioral science surrounding fraud and related threats.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Identify at least three cognitive biases commonly committed in fraud investigations
- Identify at least one psychological theory that should be used in fraud investigatio
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- How we unwittingly assist in the production of misleading information
- The neuroscience of psychopathy
- Behavioral profiling
- The new psychology of skepticism
- Cognitive errors including attribution and overgeneralization
- How experience, intuition and assumptions can cause cognitive errors