Unconscious bias is shaped by automatic, implicit associations through our experiences, attitudes, beliefs and culture. These influences directly affect our behavior and decisions.
CPAs, auditors, investigators and other decision-makers interested in understanding how unconscious bias develops and how to mitigate its’ negative effects.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Identify three strategies for detecting decision-making biases
- Identify three ways unconscious bias affects audit investigations
- Identify at least one influence aff
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- Advanced strategies to recognize decision-making biases in your work
- How audit investigations are affected by unconscious bias
- The neuroscience behind implicit associations
- Cognitive diversity and group decision making
- How stereotypes develop
- Ethical decisions and implicit associations