This program provides an update to the latest tax developments, rules and regulations affecting both business and individual taxpayers, including a review and integration of 2021 legislation. The content of the course will include expected late 2021 legislation.
Practitioners desiring an update on significant developments affecting the filing season, staff members who will have significant compliance assignments during tax season, and members in industry seeking to keep their knowledge current.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Implement practical strategies based on recent developments
- Identify and recall key compliance issues
- Identify and recall significant changes in tax formss
The major topics covered in this class include:
- Individual provisions: Rebates; Unemployment Compensation; Child Tax Credit; Dependent Care Credit and Assistance Plan; Earned Income Tax Credit; Premium Tax Credit; and Student Loans
- Biden’s proposed legislation for individuals
- Business provisions: Paid Sick and Family Leave Credit; Targeted Economic Injury Grants; Shuttered Venue Grants; Restaurant Revitalization Grant; Paycheck Protection Loans; Employee Retention Credit; and Business Meals Deduction.
- Does not include coverage of business tax legislation based on Biden's tax proposals. We willl have a new course for the TAX ACT when the legislation is passed.
Basic working knowledge of business and individual taxation.