This program presents a detailed analysis of the self-rental passive activity rules, including forms reporting examples and integrates them with the flow-through entity rules related to self-rental. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
CPAs working in public accounting and members in industry.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Apply the passive activity and flow-through entity rules for "self-rental property" and show how these situations should be reported on various tax forms
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- Definition of self-rental property - both for Sections 199A and 469
- Self-rental income from directly owned properties and reporting on Form 1040, Schedule E, page 1
- Self-rental income from indirectly owned (partnerships, S corporations) and reporting on Form 1040, Schedule E, page 2
- Form 8582 (passive activity)
- The flow-through entity grouping election
- Illustrative examples and consequences of failing to comply with the reporting standards
- Self-rental property and "former passive activities" rules
Basic working knowledge of real estate taxation.