This program provides an update to the latest tax developments, rules and regulations affecting both business and individual taxpayers, including a review and integration of the numerous 2021/22 legislation. This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions during the event.
CPAs in public practice and members in industry seeking an update on the latest tax developments impacting individual and business taxpayers.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Apply practical strategies based on recent developments
- Identify and recall key compliance issues
- Identify and recall significant changes in tax forms
The major topics covered in this class include:
- 2021/22 tax legislation, rules and cases related to individual and business taxpayers
- Tax rate schedule and other inflation adjusted items
- Changes in tax forms for individuals, S corporation, and partnerships
- Implications for self-employed taxpayers of various legislation
- Flow-through entities deduction (Section 199A) changes, including use of carryforward passive activity and 199A losses
- Partnership and S corporation developments
- Depreciation update: Section 179 and 168(k)
- Passive activity and hobby loss rules changes
Basic working knowledge of individual and business taxation.