You are probably somewhat familiar with the Trust Fund Recovery Penalty or TFRP. This is a civil process that asserts the employee portion (Social Security, Medicare, and Federal income taxes withheld) of delinquent payroll taxes against business owners and other individuals.
CPA's, EA's, attorneys, and anyone interested in learning more about IRS representation and tax problem solving.
After attending this presentation, you will be able to...
- Identify the Trust Fund Recovery Penalty
- Use different case strategies to work through or avoid the TFRP
- Analyze contrasting methodologies for working trust fund taxes in field collection
- Distinguish post-assessment plans for removal of the TFRP
The major topics covered in this course include:
- The Trust Fund Recovery Penalty
- Pre-planning strategies to help mitigate the TFRP
- Negotiating with a Revenue Officer to help avoid the TFRP
- Appealing the proposed assessment
- Post-assessment strategies to try and remove the TFRP
Familiarity with the Trust Fund Recovery Penalty or TFRP