After more than 10 years in the market place, Bitcoin has been firmly planted in the global financial system as the de facto leader in the cryptocurrency market. Bitcoin is no longer looked at as a mystical concept of money made of pixie dust.
Anyone who is interested in the future of money or wants to participate in Bitcoin
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Recognize the impact that Bitcoin and other crypto currencies are having on the global monetary ecosystem
- Identify the components of the Bitcoin ecosystem and how they all work together as a global crypto currency
- Recognize how you can participate in the Bitcoin ecosystem
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- The evolution of money: barter, gold, paper, digital, cryptocurrency
- Bitcoin defined: technology, currency, payment system, store of value
- How Bitcoin works: origin, network, nodes, miners, transactions
- Participating in the Bitcoin network: procuring, spending, accepting and storing Bitcoin
- Introduction to Ethereum, a substantial alternative to Bitcoin
- Income tax implications of Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies
- Analysis of the current market value of Bitcoin and Ethereum