This course will provide overview of key cybersecurity security domains that CPAs should evaluate in an audit. It will provide an overview of each security domain, and an overview of how to evaluate and assess the sufficiency of the cybersecurity control.
Anyone who is interested in understanding how to assess and evaluate cybersecurity controls.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Understand how to scope an audit from a cybersecurity perspective
- Understand the cybersecurity controls that reside in key security domains
- Understand the cybersecurity controls that have significant implications to an audit
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- The five key tenets of cybersecurity: Identify, Detect, Protect, Respond, Recover
- Review specific cybersecurity controls within each of the five cybersecurity tenets
- How to appropriately assess key cybersecurity controls
General understanding of IT environments and technology