Audit Quality Control - Avoiding Peer Review Deficiencies highlights the most important considerations for those at all levels of the engagement team with quality control responsibilities on audit engagements. Upper-level reviewers have significant responsibilities for ensuring high-quality audit engagements.
Anyone with quality control responsibilities with audit or other attestation engagements.
After attending this presentation, you will be able to...
- Identify common peer review and quality control deficiencies on financial statement audits
- Determine important quality control standards most directly relevant to audits
- Analyze the importance of upper level workpaper reviews, including an objective engagement quality control review
The major topics covered in this course include:
- Common peer review deficiencies that quality control reviewers should be alert to
- Important considerations of second-level and other upper-level reviewers
- Lessons learned from various regulatory oversight reviews
- Statement of Quality Control Standards requirements specific to financial statement audits, and other regulatory oversight considerations
Experience preparing and reviewing workpapers