Recent generally accepted auditing standards were written to improve the quality of risk-based financial statement audits, audit reporting, and required by-product communications. This course will discuss the important clarifications and enhancements intended to improve audit quality to ensure better compliance with requirements contained in SAS Nos.
Anyone with financial statement audit responsibilities
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Identify new requirements related to audit reporting and required by-product communications
- Recall core concepts fundamental to obtaining sufficient and appropriate audit evidence in compliance with recently-issued auditing standards
- Recognize recent clarifications and enhancements made to improve the quality of the risk-based audit process
- Recall significant new requirements of SAS Nos 134-145
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- Key changes to audit report elements intended to improve the understandability of the nature and results of financial statement audits
- Enhanced required by-product communications with management and those charged with governance to promote more reliable financial statements
- Clarifications related to obtaining sufficient and appropriate audit evidence, including significant unusual transactions, related parties, going concern uncertainty, and accounting estimates
- New definitions and requirements related to identifying and evaluating risks of material misstatement
- Other important matters contained in SAS Nos. 134-145