This course provides a concise overview of Google Sheets, a cloud-based spreadsheet application by Google. Similar to Excel, the tool allows users to enter numbers, apply formulas, prepare graphs, create charts, use pivot tables and more.
Practitioners who want to explore Google Sheets as a Microsoft Excel alternative and online spreadsheet platform rich in collaboration, mobile and artificial intelligence features.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Identify the key capabilities and user interface of Google Sheets
- Create, edit and format presentations using Google Sheets
- Recognize features unique to Google Sheets that are not available in Microsoft Excel
- Add plug-ins that extend the power of Google Sheets
- Use Google Slides in tandem with Microsoft Excel
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- What is Google Sheets?
- Key Set Up Steps and Apps
- Key Strengths and Weaknesses
- Google Sheets vs. Microsoft Excel
- Google Sheets Versions
- Quick Start Guide
- Things You Can do in Google Sheets that You Can't Do in Excel
- Google Sheets Add-Ons
- Google Sheets Help Resources