You can conquer the theoretical conundrums and compliance issues caused by the question of whether or not a business has nexus in a particular jurisdiction. Be the one to guide your client skillfully through the maze of multistate corporate tax codes. Rapidly develop a working knowledge of both multistate tax compliance and related planning opportunities. With the rate of change, you can’t afford to be out-of-date with your knowledge of this critical tax area. Course materials will include the latest developments regarding the Wayfair decision.
Experienced tax professionals and accountants; private industry accounting and finance managers
Identify the key principles of multistate taxation.
- Identify the implications of establishing nexus in various taxing jurisdictions.
- analyze client operations and devise strategies that will minimize their client’s overall sales and/or income tax liability.
- Recognize the impact recent judicial rulings in various states on client operations.
- determine to what extent the state taxation of internet based transactions may impact current and future client activities.
· Constitutional limits and P.L. 86-272
· Nexus, UDITPA, MTC
· Calculation of state taxable income
· Filing methods for multistate taxpayers
· Apportionment and allocation
· Multistate income tax planning
· Audit defense strategies
Experience in corporate taxation