This course is designed to provide internal auditors and audit leaders with their own agility to an agile auditing strategy and an executable plan that will move them from their current state to a desired future state with improved agility in every phase of the audit engagement.
SAVE AN ADDITIONAL $80 WHEN YOU REGISTER BY July 3, 2023.
This course is intended to provide participants with tools to access their current state of agility and provide practical guidance to develop and implement a more agile internal audit methodology. This course will benefit internal auditors at all levels, audit managers, compliance personnel and all others desiring the skills to assess the agility of their existing audit programs and explore new ways to add agility.
At the end of the course participants should be able to:
- Discover how to assess their current auditing processes in relation to The IIA Internal Audit Competency Framework.
- Explore ways to successfully propose recommendations for adding agility throughout the audit process.
- Learn how agility and agile auditing maintains an internal audit department’s compliance with The IIA’s International Professional Practices Framework® (IPPF®) 2017 Edition (The Red Book).
- Understand what agile auditing is and its commonly used terms, and provide a cross-reference between traditional internal audit processes and agile auditing ceremonies and artifacts.
- Uncover opportunities where agile and scrum techniques can be introduced into existing internal audit processes as internal auditors begin to explore the value of agile auditing.
In an environment where audit risk compounds nearly annually, and budgets continue to stagnate or shrink, internal audit leaders find themselves in a perpetual juggling act, as they try to balance budget, resources, and adequate risk coverage.
Conference speakers, articles, whitepapers, and blogs over the last decade have touted the benefits of adding agility into internal audit processes; but few have provided an adequate roadmap toward agility, let alone provide the steppingstones necessary to begin the journey toward agile auditing.
This instructor-led course is designed to provide internal auditors and audit leaders with their own agility to discover an agile auditing strategy and create an executable plan that will move them from their current state to a desired future state with improved agility in every phase of the audit engagement.
Participants should come with a basic knowledge of the internal audit process.
As an NJCPA member benefit, select Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) courses are available to NJCPA members at the IIA members-only rate. Login now