Solid tax planning strategies are essential for your corporate and small business clients. Join us as we explore state-of-the-art planning ideas and tax-saving strategies to keep more of your client's money in their pockets. We'll answer the tough questions and show you what strategies are best for your clients as a result of the most recent tax reform. Course materials include the impact of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 (TCJA) tax reform law.
CPAs looking for innovative tax planning and savings techniques to solve client problems.
- Identify important tax considerations for the small business at each stage of its life
- Differentiate entity type options available for small businesses
- Select an appropriate strategy for compliance with the Affordable Care Act employer provisions
- Differentiate the various ways in which LLC owners may be subject to self-employment taxes
- Choose the correct tax treatment for fringe benefits granted to partners and S corporation shareholders
- Choose the most effective strategy for depreciation of business tangible property
- Identify opportunities for timing of section 1231 losses
- Compare tax impacts of various methods of leaving a partnership
- Recognize tax issues involved in the exit of a shareholder from a corporation
- Select among ways to dispose of or liquidate a business in a tax-efficient manner
- Starting a business – the tax life of a business
- Selecting a business entity type
- Retirement plan options
- Complying with the Affordable Care Act
- Compensation of owners – hiring family members
- Reasonable compensation
- Tangible property regulations
- Managing section 1231 losses
- Transactions with owners
- Buy-Sell and noncompete agreements
- Exiting the business – special exit techniques
Basic knowledge of business taxation.
- *AICPA members deduct an additional $30 from applicable price.
Course materials are distributed electronically and we’ve passed the savings along to you - registrants save $20 on all 8-hour seminar pricing. To access the materials visit My Events. Download to your laptop or tablet prior to the seminar, handouts are added as received.