As legislation and trends emerge close to year end, CPAs will have a host of new issues affecting tax planning and compliance. Prepare for the upcoming season with this popular annual seminar hosted by attorneys and CPAs from Kulzer & DiPadova, which for many years was hosted by NJCPA local chapters and is now being presented virtually. You will gain broad exposure to state and federal planning strategies in income, sales and use, estate and corporate tax.
Earn 5 CPE credits in taxation.
In this meeting, hear timely updates on the following topics and more:
- Federal taxes for individuals and businesses
- Rates, credits, deductions and exemptions for 2020
- CARES Act – provisions affecting individuals and businesses
- Like-kind exchanges
- Significant legislation, regulations, rulings and cases affecting individuals and businesses
- New Jersey SALT for individuals and businesses, including BAIT
- Employee benefits
- SECURE Act – impact of changes and latest regulatory guidance
- CARES Act – provisions affecting retirement plan loans and distributions
- Federal and New Jersey estate/inheritance taxation
- What clients considered in 2020 for their estate plans, how it affects accounting practice and is there still time to gift?
- Synopsis of Biden’s tax platform on tax reform
- Arthur A. DiPadova, J.D., LL.M.
- James B. Evans, Jr., J.D., LL.M., CPA
- Samantha Heaton, J.D., LL.M.
- Glenn A. Henkel, J.D., LL.M., CPA
- Joseph M. Kempter, J.D., LL.M., CPA
- Douglas R. Madanick, J.D., LL.M., CPA
- Daniel L. Mellor, J.D., LL.M.
- Kristin L. Schmid, J.D., LL.M.
This meeting is not part of the Virtual Season Pass.
For course materials, please visit your My Events page. Handouts are added as received, remember to check back for updates.