The longer a fraud scheme is able to continue, the higher the losses to the business. Using data analytics on financial data will help CPAs, accountants and business owners derive insights about operations and prevent and detect fraudulent transactions.
Accountants and CPAs who work in forensic services or who review quarterly/annual financial statements
Learn how to enhance a company’s internal audit or monitoring function by developing and using forensic analytics.
This session will cover the following topics:
- Using “macro” analysis to detect anomalies in financial statement accounts
- Using “micro” analysis to narrow the focus of financial statement review of line-item detail
- Analyzing growing numbers, round numbers and financial subsets
- Slicing and dicing data for success in analytics
- Introduction to Benford’s Law