Be prepared before the tax season starts! Find out about the latest federal tax law
changes, court decisions, and IRS pronouncements related to partnerships, LLCs,
and C and S Corporations. Our discussion leaders will identify ways to integrate
the latest tax law changes into planning and compliance engagements and help
you provide more value added services to your clients. With the ever-changing tax
laws and their increased complexity, you can’t afford to miss this course!
This course features a live instructor and has been specifically designed for the NJCPA.
Tax practitioners in public practice and industry who need to stay on top of the latest changes in the federal tax law as they relate to pass-through entities and C Corporations.
- Identify new tax changes affecting the upcoming tax season.
- Apply the latest planning ideas resulting from recent changes to tax statutes, regulations, cases, and rulings.
- Latest changes to federal tax statutes, regulations, cases, and rulings for pass-through entities and C Corporations
- Passive loss, at-risk and basis developments for flow-through entities
- Reasonable compensation issues for corporate shareholder/employees and the latest about self-employment issues for partners and LLC members
- New developments in the capitalization versus expense debate
- Property transactions: depreciation and amortization, gains and losses
- Planning for the use of nontaxable transactions to defer tax liability
- Accounting methods and periods
- Compensation issues: fringe benefits, pensions, and profit-sharing plans
- Practical, time-saving return preparation tips from leading tax practitioners
- Late-breaking tax legislation
Familiarity with federal tax issues for various entities.