Learn about the developments and implications of both blockchain and cryptoassets on the accounting profession, including a regulatory and market update as well as accounting and tax issues. Get practical examples of how to translate all of this into actionable business decisions.
CPAs that are employed both in the audit and tax areas of the profession, as well as accounting professionals employed in industry.
Gain an awareness of market updates and trends, as well as hands-on examples and applications from practitioners on what is arguably the biggest technological change in business and accounting in decades. The speaker will deliver actionable business advice and expertise that can be put to work and implemented immediately following this session.
This session will cover these topics:
- Different versions of blockchain and how they impact implementation
- The direct effect of blockchain/crypto on audit and attest engagements
- Tax examples and ramifications of the continued growth and maturation of the crypto sector
- What practitioners in industry need to know about blockchain as a reporting tool and crypto as a payment mechanism
- Sources for learning more and staying informed