We tend to focus on fighting today’s fires without spending adequate time on bigger, more important risks inherent in today’s inter-connected, competitive world. This seminar drills down into four commonly overlooked business risks, looking at how to anticipate, manage, mitigate or exploit them. We will discuss the professional obligations of the board and executive management to assess risks and the responsibility of internal and external auditors to evaluate the adequacy of these assessments.
Upper level corporate financial managers and internal auditors. This seminar is also suitable for public practice CPAs concerned about risk in their own business or who advise clients on risk management issues.
This seminar includes group discussion of at least five cases and exercises.
- The six mega-trends facing organizations today
- The five signals of “dematurity” in an industry
- Is your company ready to respond?
- Ten ways to integrate risk management into your strategy
Management Continuity Risk
- Can measuring candor be tied to investor risk?
- The Rittenhouse Method of predicting market performance
- Correlating candor with market performance
- Does your organization risk operational disruption due to a key personnel loss?
- Risk management’s role in management continuity planning
Some risk management training or experience.