Gather practical and timely updates to help manage operations, improve best practices, evaluate technology and automation, and lead your organization to future growth.
This conference is presented by the Pennsylvania Institute of CPAs (PICPA) in cooperation with the NJCPA.
Thursday, March 16 Agenda
Leverage Your Team: How to Delegate and Elevate
Vinita E. Weir, CPA, FCA - Kreischer Miller
How can delegation be used as an effective tool for both improving productivity and developing teams?
Why is delegation often viewed negatively?
How can we simultaneously change our mindset around delegation, improve workflow, encourage advancement, and foster positivity in our workplaces?
Navigating Controller and CFO Challenges
Okorie L. Ramsey, CPA - Kaiser Foundation Health
- The changing and dynamic workforce
- Top concerns and issues facing business and finance leaders
- Current and future competencies and skills required of accounting and finance professionals
Cash Management - Safe and Secure Payment Processing
Jami Theiller - First Citizens Community Bank
- Streamlining payment processing for maximized efficiency
- Increased automation for receivables
- Protecting your business assets from fraud
- The future of banking
Three Ways Your Business Might Be Losing Money on HR Partnerships
Shelly Azen - unHr
- Understand the importance of managing the unemployment process.
- Negotiate the complexity of benefit broker fees.
- Systems, systems, systems
11:35 a.m.-12:25 p.m.
Digital Transformation and Automation
Christopher T. Kosty, CPA, CIDA - Schneider Downs & Co. Inc.
Patrick Armknecht, COA, CITP - Schneider Downs & Co. Inc.
- Understand how people, processes, and technology collectively support transformation.
- Learn how to identify the right use cases for automation or other technology implementations.
- Discuss ways to maximize the return and manage risks associated with technology investments.
Mergers and Acquisitions from the Buyer and Seller Perspectives
John Lee, MBA - Griffin Financial Group
Robert Newbold, MBA - Graham Partners Inc.
- Sale process preparation
- Case studies of the buyer and seller perspectives
- M&A landscape
Pennsylvania Tax and Strategies
Jason Skrinak - Pivot Strategic Consulting
- Pennsylvania budget updates
- Recent Pennsylvania policy decisions surrounding sales and use tax
- Recent sales and use tax audit issues
- Nexus updates
Save the Day! Data Visualization to the Rescue!
William Schwab - Your Part Time Controller, LLC
- Recognize three core concepts for delivering information through data visualization.
- Distinguish between static and dynamic graphic types and when to use each.
- Identify essential elements of a story-telling static graphic.
- Identify data visualization design stories through four case studies.
- Recognize graphic-placement tips for story-telling success.