Never have the benefits, and related risks, of utilizing new technology been greater for those in the accounting profession. From Artificial Intelligence (AI), Robotic Process Automation (RPA), and Audit Data Analytics (ADA) to cloud-based software solutions, our clients’ technology landscape is rapidly changing.
This course features a live instructor and has been specifically designed for the NJCPA.
CPAs in public practice with accounting, financial reporting, or attest responsibilities
- Identify the business drivers of companies today and the need for data-driven decision making
- Identify other current trends in information technology applications for clients and auditors
- Discuss SAS 142 and how it applies to the new audit methodologies using technology
- Explain how auditors are integrating audit data analytics into the audit process
- Data-driven decision-making processes
- Top technology trends and related risks, including cloud computing, AI, RPA, and blockchain applications
- Common IT security risks and controls
- Requirements of SAS 142
- Use of analytical procedures on professional engagements