Power BI Desktop is a new stand-alone tool that adds visualization to your data. This course focus on learning the Power BI Desktop interface, connecting to data sources and creating the visualizations. We will demonstrate the creation of each of the various visualizations and the various options related to each. We will also show how the visualization can be connected together to provide fully-interactive reports with drill-down capabilities. This class does not require any Excel knowledge but understanding Power Pivot and Power Query can reduce your learning curve.
Anyone who wants to learn how to analyze data
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Identify components of the Power BI Desktop interface
- Use Power BI Desktop to connect to data sources
- Use Power BI Desktop to create interactive visualizations of your data
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- Tour of the Power BI Desktop interface
- Using Power BI Desktop to connect to data sources
- Available visualizations in Power BI Desktop
- Building interactivity into visualizations
This course is #8 in the Microsoft Power BI series of webinars. Click button below to see suggested viewing order. View Series Sequence
This class does not require any Excel knowledge, however understanding Power Pivot and Power Query can reduce your learning curve.
Install the Microsoft PowerBI Desktop (email: PowerBI@cpax.net for details)