Many entities look to their CPA as a trusted advisor when tackling complex accounting topics. This is more relevant now than ever.
CPAs in public practice and members in industry
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Apply key strategies in maintaining independence in client engagements
- Use lessons learn to better understand the AICPA's Code of Professional Conduct
- Assess circumstances that threaten independence
- Determine how safeguards may reduce independence threats to an acceptable level
The major topics that will be covered in this course include:
- Discussion of circumstances that may cause recent FASB pronouncements to introduce threats to independence
- Review the AICPA's Code of Professional Conduct
- Provide best practice tips and practical strategies for preserving independence when assisting clients with technical matters
Basic working knowledge of professional ethics and independence requirements for professional engagements.