Please join us for a comprehensive discussion on standards that professionals must adhere to as tax practitioners. We cover the major governing rules, such as Treasury Circular 230, the AICPA Statements on Standards for Tax Services (SSTS), the Internal Revenue Code (IRC) and common law.
CPAs, EAs, or other tax professionals
After attending the presentation you will be able to...
- Know the expectations for tax practitioners in serving clients, including the duty of confidentiality, competency and proper administration of the tax law.
- Understand the practitioner’s obligations to disclose certain client information when representing them against the IRS.
- Know the sources that govern tax practice, such as Treasury Circular 230, the SSTS, the IRC and common law.
- Understand the common law standards of reasonable behavior and when a tax practitioner may be subject to negligence or other types of common law causes of action.
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- How tax professionals have a heavy responsibility to serve the client, yet still properly adhere to the multitude of tax rules.
- How tax standards help guide the practitioner to maintain objectivity, avoid conflicts of interest and provide high quality professional client services
- Real-life examples from the speaker’s extensive experience as a tax practitioner and as an expert witness in accounting malpractice cases to illustrate these concepts.