An audit is an investment in reliable financial reporting and compliance, and an increased return on those dollars can be achieved by hiring the right auditors. This course will provide key factors for you to consider when evaluating whether you are getting the most quality and insight from your auditors, to enable them to perform the most value-added audit possible in the given circumstances - while retaining the trust of a CPA.
Anyone who manages the external auditor relationship
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Describe how to identify signs that your auditors may be over- or under-auditing
- Explain the "soft" skills, such as communication, creativity, critical thinking, and mo
The major topics that will be covered in this class include:
- Limitations in roles and responsibilities an auditor can accept without impairing independence
- Assessing the strength of your auditor's ability to think critically, strategically, and creatively in appropriate circumstances
- Evaluating your auditor's time and project management stills
- Grading your auditor's communication and interpersonal skills, in exceeding your expectations on an audit