The #MeToo movement is an example of how cultural, and even legal, changes can be initiated and promoted by social media. This workshop considers the changing legal and ethical ramifications of sexual harassment in the wake of this movement.
All accounting professionals.
- Summarize the basic elements of legal prohibitions and protections related to sexual harassment.
- Appreciate professional accountants' typical exposure to corporate cultures and ethos.
- Differentiate between the objectives of
- Introduction: #MeToo and the Accounting Profession
- Case: Barrett v. Forest Labs., Inc.
- Ethics and Law: Two Different (Overlapping) Domains
- Dealing with the Culture of an Organization
- Case: Babbitt v. Koeppel Nissan, Inc.
- Supplemental Case: Smith v. DeTar Hosp. LLC