Ethics is simple: Do no harm, just tell the truth, keep your word, and when in Rome do as the Romans do. For most people in most circumstances, these "bumper sticker" sayings provide helpful ethical guidelines.
All accounting professionals.
- Consider the underlying moral philosophies that inform typical ethics statements such as "Do the right thing."
- Look behind the principles of the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct to discover its philosophical underpinnings.
- Introduction: "Bumper Sticker Ethics"
- Thinking About Ethics: Digging a Little Deeper
- Compare: Principles of Professional Ethics in Accounting
- Case Study: Frank v. Dana Corp.
- Conclusion: The Conceptual Framework as an Ethics Resource
Albert D. Spalding, J.D., Ph.D., CPA/CFF
Online pre-registration for this event is now closed.