You can add more value to your financial leadership role when you are versed in technology trends and innovations that impact you, your organization and the accounting profession, including the IoT (Internet of Things), artificial intelligence, data analytics, business intelligence, cloud accounting software and more. Blockchain is another one of the most talked about and disruptive new technologies in the accounting industry. You’ll receive a practical and easy to understand explanation of Blockchain and the potential applications for it in accounting and finance. We’ll discuss other hot topics, including big data and data analysis that are unleashing unprecedented opportunity for CPAs to enhance their market value. Data analytics tools are getting easier to use and more powerful. And, CPAs are in a prime position to be the go-to professionals to help businesses use data analytics to make better business decisions. Lastly, we’ll review new MS Office 365 cloud-based applications that can help you transform to a digital business model. There are more than 20 unique applications available in the Office 365 bundle ranging from traditional Office desktop applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc., to a new generation of cloud-based applications such as OneDrive, SharePoint, Yammer, Delve and more that have strategic potential for your organization.
This series is for people who are, or aspire to be, chief financial officers. The discussions will be most appropriate for people in medium‐sized organizations.
The CFO Series provides extensive case study analysis and many opportunities for group discussion.
- CFO Technology Update - Explore the latest technology trends and innovations impacting you.
- Blockchain Technology: What Every CFO Should Know - Learn about the potential to apply Blockchain to your accounting and finance functions.
- Leverage Big Data and Data Analytics to Make Better Decisions - Get a primer on what it’s all about and how to leverage it.
- MS Office 365: Applications Lightening Round - Review the core Office 365 cloud applications, so you can assess the strategic potential for your organization.
Management experience helpful.
- **NOTE** Bring a calculator.
Course materials are distributed electronically. To access the materials visit My Events. Download to your laptop or tablet prior to the seminar, handouts are added as received.
Help Feed Those in Need
- The NJCPA Emerging Leaders Council is hosting a Food Drive to benefit the Community FoodBank of New Jersey. Please bring your nonperishable items and canned goods to this event. Peanut butter and tuna fish are always needed.