Mergers, acquisitions and alliances have been — and will continue to be — major avenues to organizational growth and increased competitive advantage. Yet, despite the great initial promise of many business mergers and alliances, few seem to yield the anticipated results. Numerous studies indicate that between 55-percent and 77-percent of mergers fail to accomplish their intended purpose. This course helps CFOs, controllers and their advisors identify, negotiate and consummate mergers and acquisitions that create shareholder value while avoiding the many traps that can cause post‐acquisition failure.
Finance and accounting professionals who seek to learn more about mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
- Discuss a capstone case study beginning with acquisition identification through due diligence, valuation and concluding with a successful negotiation
- Meet the requirements for the AICPA's Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) Credential
Major Topics Include:
- Identifying potential acquisition candidates
- Making strategic acquisitions
- Identifying and understanding company culture
- Valuing businesses
- Negotiating the right price
- Understanding the keys to effective and efficient due diligence
- Preparing and reviewing agreements
- Planning and executing an effective integration
- Making key considerations when selling a business
Bring a pocket calculator.
**NOTE** Bring a calculator.
Course materials are distributed electronically and we’ve passed the savings along to you - registrants save $20 on all 8-hour seminar pricing. To access the materials visit My Events. Download to your laptop or tablet prior to the seminar, handouts are added as received.