Our focus is to reduce the overall risk of fraud. To that end, focus on what factors contribute to turning honest employees into fraudsters. The discussion will include integrity and ethics, as well as how people may react in certain situations.
CPAs in public practice and industry who wish to educate clients or colleagues on how to better prevent fraud from occurring at the source - would-be fraudsters. In addition, those who need discussion of controls used by fraud victim organizations and how to better implement and augment them.
- Understand the prevalence of fraud
- Realize how organizations may cause fraud without realizing it
- Comprehend the cost of fraud
- See how the new COSO Framework for Internal Control focuses on fraud
- Understand the importance of the environment
- Recognize potential tipoffs to fraudulent behavior
- Comprehend information that indicates how some people respond differently to certain factors
- Understand that there are many layers in fraud defense
- Fraud’s cost – ACFE’s Report to the Nations; Ancillary costs
- Current economy – Microeconomics; Analyses
- COSO’s Internal Control Framework – Principle #1 – Integrity/Ethics; Principle #8 – Fraud Risk Assessment Errors & Irregularities – Does the auditor determine if fraud occurs?
- Power of morale – Shrink the fraud triangle; Motivation
- Deviant workplace behavior
- Historic schemes
- Why good folks go bad – What studies indicate; Five interesting findings; Red flags
- Combating fraud with controls
- Fraud prevention checklists
Course materials are distributed electronically and we’ve passed the savings along to you - registrants save $20 on all 8-hour seminar pricing. To access the materials visit My Events
. Download to your laptop or tablet prior to the seminar, handouts are added as received.