The program is designed to familiarize participants with the laws and regulations promulgated by the New Jersey State Board of Accountancy, and it fulfills New Jersey’s mandatory ethics requirement for the 2024-26 triennial reporting period.
New Jersey and Pennsylvania CPAs who are maintaining their CPA license and accounting and finance professionals who are earning a CPA license
New York licensees: If you have an active New Jersey CPA license and your principal place of business is located outside New York State, this course will fulfill your New York ethics requirement.
Be able to evaluate situations that call for judgment about laws, regulations and ethical issues and apply the subject matter in this course to those situations.
Your good reputation as a CPA is built on a foundation of trust. Following ethical principles and codes of conduct is an integral part of preserving strong business relationships, retaining existing and prospective clients and winning the respect of your community. In this course, you will learn guiding principles and codes of conduct to act with integrity, objectivity and competence in the accounting and finance profession.
Topics covered include:
- New Jersey State Board of Accountancy
- AICPA Code of Professional Conduct
- Elements of engagements
- Integrity, objectivity, competence and confidentiality
- Commissions, performance, referrals and contingent fees
- Record retention
- Peer review
- Continuing professional education
- Acts discreditable
Due to the regulatory nature of this specific requirement, you must plan to participate in this program for the full 200 minutes. Late arrivals or early departures will not be permitted.
TAKE THEIR WORD FOR IT…
Past attendees say:
- This was the most engaging Law & Ethics seminar I've attended, and I've attended quite a few! My compliments to Frank for an excellent presentation. He was engaging, kept the topics moving and gave pertinent examples to get points across.
- It was engaging and I learned, so two pluses!!
- I really enjoyed this course and how the presenters kept us engaged for four hours. Love the professionalism and lighthearted stories for context! Great presentation on important subjects.
- Brad and Frank were excellent. Kept everything engaging despite it not being the most exciting topic!
- Presenters were very knowledgeable and presented learning materials in a captivating manner.
- Best NJ Law & Ethics course ever!
- Excellent presentation. Brad and Frank make a strong and complimentary tandem. Very glad I took this webinar. Highly recommend it to anyone needing to fulfill the CPE requirement. You'll get more than that - great value!