Proper planning and execution of an audit program at the overall activity and individual engagement level requires highly effective management and administration to promote, support, and ensure maximum value adding assurance for organizational stakeholders. This course helps Internal Auditors at all levels better understand the practical and required engagement managerial responsibilities involved with the IA function at both the department and engagement level.
The course will also review the required detailed, ongoing administrative aspects of successfully managing each. From planning to resource allocation and management, supervision, review, communications and reporting, monitoring and follow up, this session provides the keys to highest level quality and impact IA administration and management.
Internal audit (IA) professionals at all levels, including consultants providing IA outsourcing, co-sourcing and/or related services and external auditors (CPAs) providing IA services who coordinate coverage with and place reliance on the work of IAs.
- Reinforcing core principles and concepts supporting IA activity and engagement management/administration best practices
- Promoting greater awareness of essential IA engagement management and administration implementation practices for high performing IA activities
- Identifying opportunities for increasing IA engagement efficiencies through optimum management/administration deployment strategies
- Highlighting and emphasizing critical IA team and stakeholder communications and relationship building success factors
- IA activity and engagement level management overview
- The fundamentals of highly effective IA engagement management
- Engagement planning, supervision, administration, and monitoring
- Time and resource management, including scheduling, budgeting, status updating, tracking and follow up
- Audit reporting and report writing
- Engagement team and stakeholder/partner communications, meetings, and relationship dynamics and development
Experience/interest in or general knowledge of internal auditing.