This course will explore some of the most essential tools for measuring financial and operational success, as well as improving results. Appendices will be provided to give students hands-on applicable materials that can be utilized after completion of the course.
CPAs in public and private practice
- Understand the importance of conducting strategic and operational risk analysis for all facets of business
- Understand SOC Scope Audits of Systems of Internal Controls
- Determine appropriate critical risk factors
- Determine appropriate measures of effectiveness
- Understand and utilize the Altman Z-Score calculation for determining corporate viability
- Understand and utilize an ROIC Tree
- Calculate the economic value added for a business
- Calculate the external funds needed for a business
- Identify key elements of lean accounting and process activity mapping
- Understand activity-based costing in combination with lean systems
- Key tools used by businesses and financial professionals across the globe to measure performance
- Detailed, real-world examples of businesses utilizing these tools
Experience and/or exposure to financial management.