This course will explore significant elements of the FASB's technical agenda, focusing on recent updates to revenue recognition and lease accounting standards. A Special Purpose Framework overview will be provided, which may reveal salient alternatives.
CPAs in public practice or members in industry seeking an update on the latest items on the FASB agenda.
After attending this presentation you will be able to...
- Recall and discuss current items on the FASB agenda
- Apply practical strategies in using GAAP alternatives
The major topics covered in this class include:
- Review of current items on the FASB agenda
- Discuss the new revenue recognition standard
- Provide an update on the new lease accounting standard
- Address U.S. GAAP alternatives for certain entities